Monday, February 6, 2012

Latenightmommytime

Wait for it.....  

Ahhhh.  Half past midnight.

This is my favorite time.  Don't get me wrong.  I love spending time with all my boys (DC included) but there is something to be said for latenightmommytime.  And yes, it is one word.  18 letters, unlike the four letter ones I find myself saying during the day.

If only this was my swear jar.

This is the time where I get to sit in bed, laptop on my lap, TV on to MY shows, Nintendo 3DS to my left and ice cream and soda to my right.  I can't be as loud as I want but that only matters if I need to scream (which might I add I have a total of four pillows to choose from).

Yes, I like to watch Roseanne in syndication.  I like to watch Absolutely Fabulous and revel in women that can drink that much without repercussions.  I can oogle at Gordon Ramsay, Hugh Laurie and Craig Ferguson.  Aw crap, strike that, Ferguson isn't on on the weekends.  Maybe I'll watch an episode of Doctor Who and wonder what it would be like to do it with a Time Lord.  Matt Smith.  Meoooooow.  Ahem.  By "do it" I mean time travel.  Bigger on the inside ya know.

Yes.  It happens to me.

However, sometimes this latenightmommytime can just be classified as insomnia.  Or maybe the "Must Get As Much Me Time In As Possible".  Kind of like those people who stay awake for endless hours because they'll be damned it they pay for cable and go to sleep while the good stuff is on.  I like to think the glow of the laptop screen will eventually have anti-aging effects the likes that L'Oreal has never seen.

Better than Botox.

Woo hoo!  Kitchen Nightmares marathon!  The night is better already.  Especially with no feelings of guilt the next morning. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment